Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Intro and the Who, What and Why's answered

Hello Everyone,
Seems like blogs are becoming a HUGE trend these days… With all of the blogs available to read (many on social media I am sure) why would you listen to me? Why would you want to take time out of your day to read what I have to say on Social Media? The truth is that I don’t have a witty reason to convince you to read what I have to say. Continuing to read what I write is something that you will jsut have to decide for yourself. I thought that in my first blog here I would let you know a few things. Who I am, Why I am blogging and What I am blogging on. (Similar to my blog description, only more detailed and hopefully a better read!)


Who?
My name is Rebekah (although I tend to go by Bek). I am a young business woman (I will not disclose my age... but I am in my 20's) immersed in the world of meetings, clients and a multi generational workforce. I am trying to bring my company up to speed on Social Media (not always as easy as it sounds). Not to mention working to be the best wife I can be… life definitely is busy! I work for a company called Eagle’s Flight and (for those of you who like to get technical) my title is Business Development Manager / Media Relations.

Why & What?
I decided to start this blog to bring understanding to others. I know that zillions of people are trying to navigate this crazy new phenomenon we all call social media. I am a social media junkie and am excited to share what I know, discover and the “mess ups” I make along the way. I do this for work, so – why not share it with everyone else too?
I want you to understand that I am a very casual person and that this blog will not always sound like a professional business journal. That simply is not me! I can put on the face, pull off the language and sound like I am writing for a business journal … but what fun would that be?  If that is what you are looking for I would bet that you would not be here.
I hope that you enjoy and I look forward to hearing your thoughts, comments and ideas. Feel free to let me know what you would like to hear about.

Have a great day,
Bek

Connect with me in other ways too…
Twitter - http://twitter.com/RebekahGeldart

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=501062999&ref=name

Linked In - http://www.linkedin.com/in/rebekahgeldart

You Tube - http://www.youtube.com/user/RebekahGeldart

No comments:

Post a Comment